- Conor McGregor and UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov both made weight ahead of Saturday’s title fight.
- Shortly after weighing-in, both fighters faced-off for one final time.
- UFC boss Dana White can be heard yelling: “Don’t touch him!”
- It is quite obvious what happens next.
- Read all of Business Insider’s UFC 229 coverage here.
Conor McGregor and UFC 229 opponent Khabib Nurmagomedov had to be separated by security at Friday’s weigh-in ceremony before tonight’s Las Vegas fight.
Both athletes made weight for the lightweight championship bout, with the challenger McGregor weighing 154.4-pounds and the champion Nurmagomedov coming in bang-on the 155-pound weight limit.
However, it was not the weights that attracted headlines. No, McGregor’s antics shortly after took care of that.
When McGregor and Nurmagomedov went to face-off for one final time before Saturday’s showdown, UFC boss Dana White is seen trying to keep a safe distance between the two fighters. He is even heard yelling: “Don’t touch him!”
But McGregor did not listen, he clenched his fists into a ball, and thumped Nurmagomedov’s extended arm. McGregor, who was quickly restrained by security, then threw a head-high kick at Nurmagomedov.
Watch McGregor thump Nurmagomedov’s arms here:
You can see McGregor try to kick Nurmagomedov here:
McGregor then strutted around the stage and got a pat on the back by smash hit rapper Drake, who had the Irish flag draped over his shoulders.
“UFC fans it’s good to be back,” McGregor said, according to the BBC. “The king is home.”