One whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
One crushed garlic bulb
Two onions of medium size (one to be grated)
Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Turmeric: 1 tablespoon
Teriyaki sauce: 2 tablespoons
Salt: 1 tablespoon
Green pepper: One of medium size
Dhania: 2 chopped bunches.
Black pepper: One 1 tablespoon (sifted)
Cooking oil: Adequate to deep fry chicken
1. Grate one onion, and mix with crushed garlic, salt, turmeric, teriyaki, sauce, lemon juice and black pepper.
2. Mix and marinate the chicken pieces for one hour. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees as you seal the chicken by deep frying.
3. Remove the chicken from oil and place on the baking tray.
4. In a separate pan, sauté the remaining onion. Add tomato, tomato paste, green pepper, dhania and a pinch of salt.
5. Fry for two minutes and pour on top of the fried chicken, then place it in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Serve with pilau and kachumbari
By Chef Beatrice Nandwa