– Manchester City vs Aston Villa’s Premier League encounter ended 3-0 in favor of the Citizens
– Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Ilkay Gundogan scored the three goals for City
– The Citizens are now three points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool
Manchester City on Saturday, October 26, reduced the gap between them and Liverpool on the Premier League standings to three points after beating Aston Villa 3-0 at the Etihad.
The match was a comfortable one for Manchester City as they completely mesmerized their visitors, particularly in the second half.
City ran out goalless in the first half despite a superb display with the duo of Gabriel Jesus and Kevin De Bruyne missing some chances.
Englishman Raheem Sterling scored the first goal for Manchester City in the 46th minute after receiving a good assist from Brazil international Gabriel Jesus.
Belgian football star Kevin De Bruyne netted the second goal for Manchester City in the 65th minute after getting an assist from Benjamin Mendy.
Douglas Luiz had his shot saved by Manchester City goalie Ederson in the 68th minute which could have given the visitors a goal.
And two minutes later, Ilkay Gundogan scored the winning goal for Manchester City for Pep Guardiola’s side to record 3-0 win.
Notably. the hosts finished the game with 10 men after Fernandinho, who is being used as a utility player at the heart of the Man City defence, was shown a second yellow card.
The win blows he title race fairly wide as Man City now stand at 22 points, three adrift of Liverpool who have a game against Tottenham on Sunday, October 27.
Do you have an inspirational story you would like us to publish? Please reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: 0732482690. Contact Tuko.co.ke instantly
Give me my mother’s body as a Christmas gift – Wanjiru | Tuko TV:
Athletes reflect on super congested 2022 international season
Will it be possible to double or not?
That is the question that has seen both coaches and athletes going into spin with the World Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games falling in the same period in 2022.
This state of affairs could now force Athletics Kenya to name separate teams in most events for the two world competitions.
On Wednesday, World Athletics announced that the World Championships that had been postponed from this year due to the novel coronavirus pandemic will now be staged from July 15 to 24 in Oregon, United States.
The 22nd Commonwealth Games will take place from July 27 to August 7 in Birmingham, England.
World Athletics postponed the World Championships that were to originally take place in July next year in Oregon after the International Olympic Committee rescheduled the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games from July 24-August 9 to July 23-August 8, 2021.
Renowned athletics coach Bernard Ouma and elite athletes, World and Commonwealth 5,000m champion Hellen Obiri, 2015 World javelin champion Julius Yego and 2016 Rio Olympic 1,500m champion Faith Chepng’etich expressed different opinion after the changes.
Ouma said it will be difficult for athletes especially in middle and long distances races to double especially with fatigue creeping while Yego, the 2014 Commonwealth javelin champion, noted that top elite athlete are likely to choose the World Championships over the Commonwealth Games.
Chepng’etich, who won the World 1,500m title in 2017 London before settling for silver in 2019 Doha, said that it will difficult for someone to double with health and form key factors.
Obiri, the 2016 Rio Olympics 5,000m silver medallist, who retained her World title in Doha last year also said it would be difficult for someone to double considering there was also the Diamond League and World Continental Tour events.
“Commonwealth Games will take two weeks hence it will take an excellent athlete to double. Actually, doubling will not be the best option since. It could be a costly gamble,” said Ouma.
UK-based Sesay ‘100 per cent ready’ for Kenya call-up
Crawley Town’s English defender David Sesay has seemingly had a change of heart on playing for Kenya.
While responding to questions from his fans on the English club’s official Twitter account on Wednesday, the League Two defender said that he is now ready to answer a call up from Kenya’s Harambee Stars coach Francis Kimanzi.
“I will hundred per cent accept the call up from Kenya,” he confirmed.
The 21-year-old defender was called up for international duty by then Stars coach Sebastien Migne in the run up to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt last year, but declined the invite to concentrate on his club career.
Sesay explained he had to make a difficult decision in turning down the opportunity to compete at the Africa Nations Cup in Cairo, where Kenya lost to eventual finalists Senegal and Algeria, and beat rivals Tanzania in Group “C”, as he was focused in helping his side battle relegation at the time.
“That (Kenya) is where my mum comes from. It is my heritage. Last time I had just broken into the first team here and was playing games in a row,” said Sesay.
“We were not in the best position in the league. There were some few media outlets in Kenya that said I declined the call up, that wasn’t the case.
I think those that needed to understand my decision did understand.”
Should Kimanzi hand the West Bromwich Albion-target a chance in his team, he will have to compete for a starting position at left-back with Sweden based defender Eric “Marcelo” Ouma, and veteran Aboud Omar who is unattached.
Stars face a congested fixture period when the coronavirus pandemic is curbed, with matches against Comoros, Egypt and Togo in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The team is also pooled alongside Uganda, Rwanda and Mali in the 2022 Fifa World Cup qualifiers.
League Two is England’s fourth tier football league.
Mass exodus looms at Gor Mahia
Gor Mahia are on the verge of losing four key senior players.
Nation Sport has established that the four are no longer interested in playing for Gor Mahia and intent to leave the club at the end of this season.
The four, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of being victimised while still under contract and with the season yet to end, said their decision would not change even if Gor Mahia secured a major shirt sponsor.
The players said they were fed up with Gor Mahia repeatedly failing to meet its financial obligation to the squad members and it was better for them to look for greener pastures.
“It has been tough at Gor Mahia since the sponsorship of SportPesa ended. I can’t blame the club management for the current financial woes but as a player, I have dependents whom I have to look after. I have bills to pay,” said the players.
They also blamed Gor Mahia officials for “abandoning the club and leaving all the management burden to the chairman Ambrose Rachier” who has been struggling to ensure they are paid, however little money it is.
“Personally, if all goes well I will leave but am indebted to the chairman who has been there for us during hard times. I am not afraid to say that other officials have abandoned us in time of need. Whenever there is an issue, we are always told to talk to the chairman who sometimes gets to us personally and assists. We are grateful for that,” said one of the players.
They called on the government to chip in and financially assist community-based clubs like Gor and AFC Leopards so that they can return back to their glory days.
They wondered how money from the Sport Fund was now being channelled to other functions yet sportspeople were going hungry and begging for food.
The Kenyan Premier League is currently suspended following a government ban on public gatherings in a bid to stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic that has already caused the death of seven people in the country.
With no action, no source of income and a season in limbo, many KPL clubs remain hard pressed to pay their contracted players.
Fifa on Tuesday proposed that contracts of players be extended until such time that the season does actually end.
Fifa, in the same communication, encouraged clubs and players to work together to find agreements and solutions during the period when football is suspended.
Nation Sport understands that Tanzanian giants Azam and Young Africans are keen on the services of three of the four players who want out.
The other player said he has been in negotiating with Tunisian giants Esperance.
Yanga SC and Simba have lately been raiding K’Ogalo’s camp for fresh talent.
Former K’Ogalo stars Francis Kahata and Meddie Kagera signed for Simba in 2019 and 2018 respectively while Ivorian striker Yikpe Ghislain, who played for less than a season at K’Ogalo, left for Yanga amid financial tribulation at the 18-time Kenyan Premier League champions last December.
President Kenyatta’s Easter message of goodwill to Kenyans
Two firms begin mass face masks production : The Standard
Mass gatherings and the coronavirus » Capital News
How to keep kids in coronavirus lockdown entertained without losing the plot
No mbuzi parties for fun-loving Kenyans this Easter – Nairobi News
Diamond proves Tanasha’s car is still in his possession, shows of Parking
Kenya: Two Brothers on the Run After Killing Father’s Young Lover
List of bad habits breaking your marriage
Global virus death toll passes 94,000, but some signs of hope » Capital News
Africa to post negative growth for first time in 25 years : The Standard
Abdu Kiba’s viral sex tape now on Pornhub – Nairobi News
Hawkers selling face masks pour onto the streets of Nairobi » Capital News
Take no chance! Protect yourself from coronavirus » Capital News
Double life? Search for Mwitiki takes new twist : The Standard
Mungu mpe nguvu! Meet Aurlus Mabele’s only child, Liza Monet
In my tiny cozy home
Arsenal manager Arteta tests positive for coronavirus – Nairobi News
Did Mwana FA lie about his Coronavirus positive status? He speaks!
Thousands of jobs on the line in the Keroche-KRA tax war- Brewer says
Trump tests negative after finally taking Coronavirus test – Nairobi News
Business6 days ago
In my tiny cozy home
General2 weeks ago
South Africa begins ‘unprecedented’ military-patrolled lockdown
General1 week ago
Who is Ivy Brenda Cherotich? – Nairobi News
Entertainment1 week ago
Bahati’s wife accused of stealing Designer Handbags (Video)
Tech2 weeks ago
Social Media Influencer Hospitalized After Licking Toilet And Getting Coronavirus
General2 weeks ago
Britain’s Johnson tests positive for virus as Spain sees record deaths » Capital News
Sports2 weeks ago
Lampard wary of pushing Chelsea players too hard
General2 weeks ago
Why Kenyans are crushing on Health CAS Mercy Mwangangi – Nairobi News